又一个WordPress站点

于小彤微博中餐馆老板记|ABC小记者访记-新大米社区

中餐馆老板记|ABC小记者访记-新大米社区

请关注“大米社区”
公众号: 大米社区 bigmii
感受文化时尚 关注社会生活 洞悉科技经济
本文为作者投稿,转载授权请留言
作者:石夹子,April Zhang,Melissa Nie八大样板戏 , Joy Tang

我们华裔在美国走过什么样的路?我们正在经历着什么样的人生? 我们的子孙后代可能面临什么样的未来?我们希望了解过去,我们需要继往开来。美国华人维权联盟历史写作项目的发起,正是以此为出发点。而组织我们华裔的青少年一代去了解历史、去接触真实、去思考社会,是这个项目的重要的组成部分之一。少年兴,则华人强。是为序。
远方
二O一七年七月三十日
前言
吃在中国,吃在中餐馆。钟爱宫保鸡丁和捞面的美国食客对于晚餐的选择可谓十分多样,因为美国拥有超过四万家中餐厅。美国是一个文化大熔炉并为移民提供着大量的发展机遇,这也许正是中餐馆在美国得以蓬勃发展的原因。于小彤微博然而有些讽刺的是,早在20世纪初建立的移民法却充斥着种族歧视与排外情绪。
美国的排华情绪曾在20世纪初一度高涨,这是由于19世纪后半页将近30万中国劳工来到美国成为了当地的矿工、农民、铁路与工厂工人,他们赚取着低廉的工资却遭到非华工人的排斥与威胁。 由于社会紧张情绪的不断加剧,时任美国政府通过了明确禁止中国劳工成为美国公民的移民法案。该法案甚至限制了那些已经成为合法居民的华人在回国探亲后重新回到美国。 来自麻省理工学院的法律历史学家希瑟?李(Heather Lee)指出,该移民法中有一个重要的例外,那就是在美国的中国商人可以获得特殊的商务签证,这将允许他们返回中国,并带回雇员。然而当时只有为数不多的行业符合这一规定。1915年,联邦法院将餐饮业列入了这一名单,于是,中餐厅的壮大便由此开始。

二零一七年七月十五日,青少年写作组的学生采访的Peter Chen先生就是这四万多家中餐馆中的一位老板。
April Zhang
April Zhang,15岁,生于中国北京市,12岁移民美国
“移民国家”早在几百年前就成为了美国的一个标志,数百年来吸引了无数从世界各地涌来的人群移民到这个和平、自由的国家。漫步于任何一条街边小巷, 见到分别来自不同的国家的人们有着不同的语言蜂鸟鹰蛾,不同的肤色罗通的儿子 。据统计, 近两个世纪移民居住美国人口便有7900万之多, 而这些人中到底有多少华人? 我们不得而知, 也很难统计, 不过从美国不计其数的中餐馆看来, 应该会是一个不小的数字。据不完全统计fkzww ,在美华裔中至少有百分之六十到七十乃至八十做了餐馆生意, 如此庞大的数据让我们都为之震惊。 而美籍亚裔的生活到底是如何的呢?日前, 美国华人维权联盟青少年写作组的成员们便就此题向明州一位餐馆主人Peter Chen先生进行采访。
Peter Chen先生来自于中国福建,于美国纽约完成学业后来到明尼苏达州。 因为父亲是一位餐馆老板,因此对餐饮行业比较感兴趣。在明州也开了一家中餐馆。
当我们问到Peter Chen先生在美国生活遇到最困难的事情的时候, 他是这样回答的:“其实, 我个人觉得我的生活还是比较顺利的单雨童 , 没有什么让我太过于烦恼的事情, 但是, 我想对于我来说语言是一个很大的挑战。当我刚刚来到美国的时候,除了父母我不认识身边的任何一个人, 也不知道该去哪里玩 ,只是经常在家与学校之间辗转沈大教务网 , 直到我的英语好一点以后才开始周游纽约的公园 ,欣赏纽约的美景。”
采访中Peter Chen先生也讲述了他在美国多年发现两种文化不同乐裕民 。 比如 ,多数华人崇尚努力工作赚钱享受生活, 而美国人却不太把工作赚钱放在眼里, 很多时间偏向更自由与舒适的生活 。包括饮食方面, 美国人崇尚方便快捷的快餐 ,而中国人则更加精益求精 ,追求色香味俱全。
采访后期我们问到Peter Chen先生对美国新上任总统Donald·Trump有什么样的认知, 站在何种角度看待总统上任以来做的各种改变。 和大多数群众一样 ,他有些担心美国会因为这位总统走“下坡路”。 Peter Chen先生说:“选举之前, 我美国的认知是一个和平美好的国家, 而现在似乎每人都更加敌对凌霄剑仙, 很多无证游民担心被驱逐出境 。我有一些无证游民朋友, 所以我对他们很是同情 ,他们之中也有很多成功的商业人士大姐当家 , 他们并没有做错什么 ,不应该担惊受怕!”
当我们问到Peter Chen先生的家人, 他的语气变得越发柔和,并介绍了他的两个孩子黄长求 , 也表示未来希望两个孩子可以按照自己的喜好选择职业, 他作为父亲会支持绝不会横加干涉, 偏向于美国的教育方法也让他感到轻松许多。 他表示自己很幸运可以来到美国这样一个自由开放的国家, 并在此娶妻生子过着安逸又幸福的生活。
Melissa Nie
15 year old, Melissa was born in Canada and moved to the United States when she was 5 years old. As of September 2017神州奇侠 , she is a sophomore at St. Paul Academy and Summit School.
In nearly every American city, at least one Chinese restaurant can be found. Small towns might have a “fusion” restaurant,孟照国 combining different kinds of Asian cuisines for convenience匙吻鲟 , while big cities tend to have entire streets and regions devoted to Asian food.
With such a large number of places to fulfill one’s cravings for sushi and fried noodles, it is easy for faces and places to blur together, and for stereotypes to arise. For many Americans, when they think of a Chinese restaurant owner, they imagine a hardworking, red-faced person with a thick accent. While not completely accurate芜湖神, one-third of this stereotype is true: Chinese restaurant owners are very hardworking.
Peter Chen is one such hardworking restaurant owner. A native of Fujian Province in China, Chen immigrated to America when he was around fifteen years old and attended a high school in New York. He has a personal connection to Chinese restaurants. “I’d say about 80 percent of Fujianese are restaurant owners,” he said. “It’s easy to open one.”
Chen owns a restaurant in St. Paul, Minnesota. He chose his location in quite an unconventional way. “I had a relative in Wisconsin who wanted to start their own restaurant, so we took a road trip and drove until we ended up in Minnesota,” he said.
However, being a restaurant owner has its drawbacks. There is often very little time for social interaction and frivolous chatter. “As a restaurant owner, you only really know people who also own restaurants,” Chen said. “It’s rather difficult to get to know other Chinese people, not to mention Americans.” Fortunately, he has been able to make more connections in recent years thanks to the massively popular and multi-functional Chinese social media platform, WeChat.
The demands of running a restaurant also make it harder for Chen to return to his hometown. “I try to go back every year, but as a restaurant owner, it’s sometimes hard to find the time for that.”
Despite these obstacles, Chen enjoys being a restaurant owner in America. When asked if he would ever consider living in China again, he shook his head. “When I first came, I always thought I’d go back after making a good amount of money. But that changed after about three to four years of staying in America,” Chen said. “I’ve settled down here and I’m comfortable now.”
Joy Tang
15 year old,Joy was born in Kunming, China, and moved to America when she was 3 months old. In September of 2017, she will enter sophomore year at Eastview High School.
About two weeks ago, I was privileged with being able to a local restaurant owner and conduct an interview with him, asking about his trip from China and living in the US as an immigrant. This was very interesting as I had never really met or talked to Chinese immigrants that came to the US before adulthood. After quite a few awkward pauses, we (the group conducting the interview) finally started asking questions. A magnificent story unfurled before us as he started talking.
The restaurant owner had come from a village in the province of Fujian in China. During that time虎刺红 , almost their entire community was interested in the prospect of moving to America. He, as had many others, said goodbye to his childhood home and set off on a plane to a new life. After we asked him what his most memorable memory of that trip was, after contemplating for a few moments he replied with “the view from the plane and seeing all the lights of New York City”.
Back when he first arrived in New York, he was still a high schooler and didn’t know how to speak English. When asked about his experience in school here, he said that there actually weren’t really many problems with language as most of the people in the schools stayed within their own language groups and didn’t really talk to people of other races. Since many people from his village came to America as a group情归巴黎 , they could just talk to each other. It also didn’t conflict with his daily life - he lived in Chinatown, so he could easily go buy things and speak to people using his native language. Personally, this was something that was new to me. I thought that there would be somewhat of a panic to learn and adapt to American customs and culture, but from what I heard, it was rather simple to live out your entire life without having to speak a word of english.
Something else that I learned from this interview were the influences of churches on these Chinese immigrants. Contrary to our understanding of church as a place to go to religious worship, many immigrants would go to the church in order to obtain false certificates and identification in order to stay in the US. Though the owner himself had come to the US through legal means宙斯之子 , back then he knew people who had not. The church was the place to go for people that did not have the ability to live or travel in the US legally. This was also something I have never had to deal with myself, as a fellow immigrant, and really gave me a different perspective on the lives and struggles of immigrants coming to America.
Another thing that struck me as very surprising was his response to our question of how he felt about the attitude of Americans toward the Chinese. He said that he didn’t feel any prejudice, and that Americans were always willing to help out or lend a hand. However, there were people that did bully him and call him names. Other minority groups! That was honestly the last thing I expected that he would say. Though they would be mean to him, he didn’t feel any resentment. Instead, he said that he actually felt bad for them, because they were a bit pitiful.
All in all, this trip taught me a lot more about Chinese culture and views toward America. There were a lot of things I really did not expect going in and still find to be very intriguing. Even Ik9006 , as another fellow immigrant from China, had no clue about a lot of these types of things. This makes me think that it is crucial for more people to learn about Chinese history in America and to really understand how we thrive as a group of people, and to learn about culture. Though this interview was quite brief, lasting only an hour, what I took away from it will forever change my perspective of Chinese Americans, hopefully allowing me to provide others with this insight as well.

美国华人维权联盟是今年四月在明州及IRS注册的非盈利组织 (The Association of Chinese Americans For Social Justice) 。目标是捍卫华人权益,促进华人团结。致力于以下三方面的工作:
1. 推进华人族群的合法权益,
2. 传递中华传统文化,团结华人族群,
3. 促进中美文化、教育、经济等领域的交流。我们推广华人党理念,唤醒血肉相连的同胞意识。
我们要的不是共和党不是民主党,而是华人党间岛问题。在华人社区里捍卫华人族群权益的重要性应当超越党派政治分歧。历史写作是我们的重点项目。目标是回顾历史、教育同胞、警醒后人、思考未来帕拉米拉。美国华人维权联盟是项目发起人,我们也在寻找不同领域的机构合作成为这个项目的共同发起人。青少年写作是历史写作的相关项目。青少年作者将深入了解并记载不同职业华人的移民心路历程. 关注美国华人维权联盟,请扫描二维码。

公众号: 大米社区 bigmii
投稿|联系:info@bigmii.com
微信: bigmii
华人社区平台:
感受文化时尚 关注社区生活 洞悉社会经济